The earlier one seeks help for their teen’s behavioral or drug problems, the better. How is a parent to know if their teen is experimenting with or moving more deeply into the drug culture? Above all a parent must be a good and careful observer, particularly of the little details that make up a teen’s life. Overall signs of dramatic change in appearance, friends, or physical health may be signs of trouble. What are the signs of addiction?
What are Some Signs of Drug Addiction?
If a parent believes his or her child may be drinking or using drugs, here are some things to watch for:
- Physical evidence of drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Behavior problems and poor grades in school
- Emotional distancing, isolation, depression, or fatigue
- Change in friendships or extreme influence by peers
- Hostility, irritability, or change in level of cooperation around the house
- Lying or increased evasiveness about after school or weekend whereabouts
- Decrease in interest in personal appearance
- Physical changes such as bloodshot eyes, runny nose, frequent sore throats, rapid weight loss
- Changes in mood, eating, or sleeping patterns
- Dizziness and memory problems
Please call today for a discreet evaluation of your child’s situation. Links Advocate 877-217-8558.